Tape measure, Spirit level ,Pencil,stanley knief/cutting knief ,straight edge (for trimming)
Getting started• The wall mural is supplied in 'drops' Carefully unpack each of the 'drops' and lay them out in order.
• Start from the left or right and work from a straight plumb line.
• Please ensure your wall has a smooth, clean and dry surface that is free from any fixtures or loose plaster or paint, you better lightly sand the whole wall. If your surface is dry and absorbent, you may need to paint it or seal it with a prim-er-sealer. Important - please read 'Before you Begin - Wall Preparation'
• We advise that you sponge the wall prior to installing the panels to ensure the wall is perfectly clean and ready for your mural.
Additonal Panels• Apply the second and subsequent panels, ensuring the pattern or image matches up as you go and that the appro-priate amount of bleed runs over the top and bottom edges. Our panels are applied "Overlap", so each panel overlap the previ-ous one approximate 2cm.
• When overlapping, gently place the panel into position and adjust as appropri-ate. Ensure the panels are well matched.
• Follow the same process of smoothing the panel, ensuring this is done verygently.
Installing the first drop• Taking your first panel, carefully peel a small amount of the mural at the top from the backing paper.
• Apply the top of the panel to the wall,ensuring that the right hand edge aligns with your vertical line.
• Carefully peel away the rest of the mural from the backing paper, gently applying it to the wall as you go until you reach the bottom of the panel.
• If you need to re-position any part of the panel, simply peel the appropriate amount away from the wall and re-apply, gently smoothing the mural out as you go
• Continue to apply all middle panels before installing the last panel, which should be your far left or far right panel,depending on which side you started.
Trim Top, bottom and side• When all panels have been adhered.carefully trim the top and bottom of your panels plus the far left and far right sides,using a straight edge. Don't rush this and ensure you have sharp blade to achieve the best results.
Before you Begin-Wall PreparationPreparing the wall is the most important part of the process. Ensure the wall is properly prepared and that it is clean and dry with no loose plaster or contami-nants. The wall MUST be smooth and free from any texture. You MUST size your wall with a good quality primer/sealer. This will help seal a porous surface.
PlasterEnsure that your plastered wall is clean and dry with no loose plaster or con-taminants. Finish with a good quality seal/primer.
Painted wallsIf your wall is painted, we recommend that the mural is installed on matt emul-sion paint only. Acrylic wall paints will make the self-adhesive lose adhesion after few days. Old, flaking paint will need to be scraped and sanded to a smooth surface. Finish with a good quality wall sealer/ primer. For freshly paint-ed walls, allow 2 to 3 weeks drying time before installing your mural.
Wallpanered wallsRemove any old wallpaper before installation and DO NOT use lining paper un-derneath your wall mural. Seal/prime before installation.If you are not sure about your wall surface, please peel off Test sample and stick on the wall, test it for at least 48 hours. If it dropped, please contact us, we will give you further instruction.
CHECK YOUR MURALPlease check your entire mural carefully before you begin to install. Lay the panels out and leave to rest for at least 5 hours
OTHER• Do not pre-trim your mural before installing.
• Do not rub the mural surface vigorously during installation and overwork the seams.
• We recommend that two people install this mural together to help achieve the best results.